Saturday, February 15, 2014

Hot Wing Pizza

This is the story of the Chicken Hot Wing that wasn't.
Here's what it wasn't: It wasn't deep fried, full of bones, containing chicken skin, and it wasn't overly greasy.
My husband asked me to make a pizza with wing sauce instead of tomato sauce with chopped chicken on top--and I of course use lean chicken, usually chicken breast. I even managed to add a few vegetables! And I love this spicy new take on pizza.

And if you have somebodies eating with you who don't like spicy foods, I also made a Supreme Pizza, one of my favorites.


My bread maker friendly Pizza Crust recipe makes 2 twelve inch crusts, or you may also buy dough.

Ingredients for 1 twelve inch pizza


Dough for 1 twelve inch pizza crust
2-3 tablespoons bottled chicken wild wing or hot wing sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup chicken chunks, cooked
3 tablespoons sliced olives
2 tablespoons diced onions, sauteed
2 tablespoons diced red bell pepper, raw
1-2 more tablespoons wing sauce after baking
Ranch for dipping

While my crust is rising, I do all the prepping of toppings. 

Instructions


1. After rolling out the dough, only use enough wing sauce to lightly coat the dough. This pizza is better with less sauce.

2. Add your cheese, chicken, peppers, and onions and bake as directed in the crust recipe. Remove when the cheese is bubbly and the top is browned.

3. After removing, make a spiral of wing sauce on top. Serve with Ranch dipping sauce.

Setting the Scene

 What's here? On the cutting board we have pepperoni, crumpled bacon, and in the little dishes are red bell pepper, mushrooms, chicken, sauteed onion, and sliced olives. There's also the pizza sauces--tomato sauce and wing sauce, the cheese (and not in a sealed bag--open it!), a brush or spoon to spread the sauce, a rolling pin, corn meal, the dough, and extra flour.

I always start by laying out everything I'm going to need. This isn't just a gimmick to get a photo--you need to be able to assemble a pizza quickly. If you're using a pizza stone, you need to top the pizza and move it to the oven before the dough starts rising again or it will stick to your paddle!
Trust me. I've had a pizza crust raise and have to scrape it off with a pancake turner. The crust had ripped and so I had a hole in my pizza!
If you're using a pizza pan or cookie sheet, you need to have the toppings ready after you precook your crust so the crust doesn't cool too much while you top it.
I had all these toppings out because I made one hot wing pizza and one supreme pizza.



Shared with


Retro Re-Pin 17
Snickerdoodle Sunday 78

1 comment:

  1. oh wow looks so yummy-licious!! We love pizza, love wings - why not combine them into one super finger licking dish?!?! Thanks for sharing the recipe with us at Snickerdoodle Sunday!

    ReplyDelete