1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup diced onion
3/4 cup wheat spiral pasta
3/4 cup hidden veggie spiral pasta
1/2 pound ground turkey
pinch of salt and pepper
2 cups prepared spaghetti sauce--use pre-made or here's a homemade recipe.
2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
6 ounces (a bit less than half of a 1 pound container) cottage cheese
spinach leaves for garnish (optional)
1) Cook onion and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, in a separate pot boil water and cook pasta until very slightly underdone. (When you add the pasta to the sauce, it will absorb a bit of the sauce and be tender.)
3) Add ground turkey to saucepan with the onions. Lightly salt and pepper. Cook and stir, breaking the meat into small pieces, until browned, about 7-9 minutes.
4) Add cooked pasta and spaghetti sauce to the browned meat and stir. Cover, stirring occasionally until just beginning to simmer, about 4 minutes. If the sauce gets too thick, add some water reserved from boiling the pasta (or if you've forgotten to save some, just add some water.)
5) Reduce heat, sprinkle on cheddar cheese and dollop spoonfuls of cottage cheese. Cover and wait for the cheese to melt, about 5 minutes. If desired, garnish with chopped spinach leaves.