Thursday, March 20, 2014

Mary's Amazing Biscuits--only 3 ingredients


These are great as a last minute addition to dinner (or breakfast) because they're so fast and easy. I also love that because they have mayonnaise in them rather than an egg, I can easily halve the recipe if I only want 4-5 biscuits. That means I can whip up a few fresh for every meal for 2. And don't worry, you can't taste the mayonnaise at all.



Great with Lentil Soup.


Oven 450 F   Yields 8 biscuits

 Ingredients

2 cups self rising flour*
1 cup milk
1/4 cup mayonnaise
Non-stick spray (Yes, I know this makes it 4 ingredient. Don't sue me.)

*Substitution: Use 2 cups flour, 1 tablespoon baking powder, and 1 teaspoon salt. I used 1 cup white and 1 cup wheat flour. 

Directions

1) Mix all three ingredients. Drop spoonfuls of batter (about 1/4 cup each) onto a greased cookie sheet and bake 10-14 minutes until browned at 400 F.
The dough will be too sticky to roll out. Yields 8 biscuits.

 These are so good dipped in soup, with butter, or jam for breakfast.





Recipes You May Like



No comments:

Post a Comment