Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Strawberry Lime Smoothie

I love sweetening my smoothies with fruit alone, but that usually means using a banana. While I love bananas in smoothies, my husband, his sister, my niece, and lots of people I know really don't like everything to taste like a banana.
This smoothie has honey, which is a good, natural source of sugar, but you probably should accompany this smoothie with whole grains so the fiber can help you digest the sugar. (Fruit has natural sugar in it, but it also has fiber which helps you digest the sugar in it. Honey doesn't have fiber in it.) The strawberries I used were very sweet, which helped make a tasty smoothie.

 

Ingredients

1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 a lime
1/4 cup milk
5 frozen strawberries
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Directions

1) Stir together yogurt and honey. Stirring the honey into the yogurt first will allow the honey to blend into the smoothie. Without this step, my honey clumps and won't blend in.

2)  Zest the half lime--grate just the outer dark green peel into the blender. Squeeze in the lime juice. Add yogurt with honey, milk, frozen strawberries, and vanilla. Blend until smooth.



Shared with these lovely link parties
Retro Re-Pin Party 18

Recipes You May Like

 

No comments:

Post a Comment