Monday, June 9, 2014

Strawberry Yogurt and Oats

Has summer hit hard for anyone else? It seems like it's been about a million degrees out here in Northern California. Normally I love oatmeal for breakfast, but it's just so hot to eat. I sometimes will blend 3 tablespoons of dry oatmeal into my smoothies, but I was ready for something different.


This is super easy, but it does have to sit in the refrigerator at least 3 hours, so I just do it the night or afternoon before.

Ingredients

1/4 cup dry quick oats (I suspect regular rolled oats would work too, but I haven't tried)
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1/4 cup sliced strawberries
2 teaspoons strawberry jam, jelly, or syrup (or use honey)
Dash of salt (optional)

Directions

Stir all ingredients in a dish. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours or up to 2 days. Eat cold. If needed, stir in more jam or honey and top with a few more strawberry slices.

Then you get to feel great that you started the day off with a healthy, delicious breakfast. 
What is your favorite healthy breakfast?

 Shared at these link parties

Recipes You May Like



No comments:

Post a Comment