Monday, May 5, 2014

Orange Banana Smoothie with Carrot


I had some leftover cooked carrots the other day and decided to use them with a smoothie. After some experimentation, I found a combination that tasted really good and the carrot gave it a really pretty orange color.
Inspired by a creamsicle, I decided to use some milk in this smoothie.


 The picture is my post workout snack. The smoothie was great for hydration, fiber, and all the goodness that a no sugar added smoothie can give.
The Peanut Butter Chocolate Energy Balls were really easy to make, and very tasty. They have oatmeal, honey, peanut butter, ground flaxseed, chocolate milk powder, and other good things in them. Click Here for the recipe from Carrie This Home. (Thanks)

Ingredients

1 banana
2/3 cup chopped carrots, steamed and cooled (about 1 1/2 medium carrots)*
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
3-4 ice cubes

 * If you have a high powered smoothie blender, I hear that cooking the carrots isn't necessary. Mine is not capable of turning raw carrot into a smoothie, so I either steam or boil my carrot slices for about 10 minutes until they can be easily pricked with a fork. Then I refrigerate them until cool (at least 25 minutes).

Directions

  • Add all ingredients to a blender and mix until completely combined. Makes 2 cups.

  Shared with

Recipes You May Like





1 comment: