Thursday, June 18, 2015

Pregnancy Waffles

These waffles are so yummy and have extra eggs and milk in them! I developed the recipe when I was struggling with morning sickness in the first trimester of pregnancy. I found that the easiest thing to digest was carbs, but I worried Saltine crackers don't have the protein and calcium I needed. Well these waffles sat well in my stomach and helped me better balance my diet, even when ill.



And, yes, my husband loves these as well, despite me making them for my pregnancy. He notes that you can really taste the eggs in the recipe, like eating French toast waffles.

Ingredients


2 cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
4 eggs
1/4 cup cooking oil (I prefer Canola)
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions


1) Preheat waffle iron.

2) Stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.

3) In a separate medium bowl, stir together milk, eggs, oil, and vanilla. Combine the contents of both bowls and stir until just moistened.

4) Cook in waffle iron according to directions on your waffle iron. Note: Use about 75% of the batter you usually use to make waffles. This recipe has so much liquid and so many eggs, the waffles will rise more than typical batters. I had to play with how much batter I added so I didn't overflow my waffle iron.

I use a little less than 3/4 cup of batter and cook each waffle 7 minutes. Your waffles will vary according to your waffle iron.

Recipes You May Like

 * The oatmeal pancakes are a favorite of mine during morning sickness. Oatmeal is a soluble fiber, which was easier for me to digest than most whole grains, like wheat flour.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your pregnancy! That is such exciting news-you look amazing!

    What a delicious recipe too. Thanks so much for sharing it at the #sundaysdownunder linky party! I have pinned this!

    I really appreciate you and your support!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. im hungry ... :)
    visit my blog : www.akangsurya.blogspot.com
    im indonesian blogger

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post. I like this topic.This site has lots of advantage.I found many interesting things from this site. It helps me in many ways.Thanks for posting this again. Veterinary Information Network

    ReplyDelete