Thursday, April 3, 2014

Peanut Butter Oatmeal and a Kiwi Orange Smoothie

These recipes are a bit of a no-brainer, but I thought I'd share because I've been eating peanut butter oatmeal since I was in college. Studying always made me starving.

I'm one of those people that wake up hungry, eat a good breakfast, and then are still ready for lunch by 11:30 a.m., if not looking for a snack at 10 a.m.!
I guess I could have split this into 2 posts, but both recipes are so easy, here they both are:

Peanut Butter Oatmeal

1/3 cup oats--either old fashioned or quick oats
2/3 cup water
1 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter (approximate is fine)
2-4 tablespoons milk (optional)

Directions

1) Put oats, water, and peanut butter into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave 1-3 minutes, stirring every minute and watching that it doesn't overflow. When oats are tender stir well. If desired, add milk. Serve immediately.

Kiwi Orange Smoothie

1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
1 kiwi, scooped out of the peel
1/2 cup spinach leaves
1/2 cup water
5-8 ice cubes

Directions

Add all ingredients to a blender, starting by adding 5 ice cubes. If needed to thicken, add more ice cubes.







No comments:

Post a Comment